Consumer protection is regulated by the Consumer Protection
Law (Código de Defesa do Consumidor, 8078/1990). Decree 7962/13 is regulating electronic commerce.
Law of the Russian Federation of 07.02.1992 N 2300-1 (as amended on 18.03.2019) “On Protection of Consumer Rights” Civil Code of the Russian Federation (Part One) of 30.11.1994 N 51-FZ (as amended on 08/03/2018, entered into force on
Civil Code of the Russian Federation (Part Two) dated January 26, 1996 N 14-FZ(as amended on 29.07.2018, entered into force on 30.12.2018).
Civil Code of the Russian Federation (part three) dated 26.11.2001 N 146-FZ (as amended on 08/03/2018, entered into force on 01.09.2018).
Civil Code of the Russian Federation (Part Four) dated December 18, 2006 N 230-FZ (as amended on 23.05.2018).
“Consultant Plus” Legal Reference System.
In August 2019, the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 was adopted, which will replace earlier legislation from 1986. Draft Consumer Protection (e-Commerce) Rules, 2019, made under section 101 of the Consumer Protection Act, were made available for public consultation in November 2019. The draft National E-Commerce Policy 2019, too, has sections that are of relevance. Existing sectoral regulation such as the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, continues to apply as well.
The following laws and policies regulate consumer protection:
- Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Protection of Consumer Rights and Interests (passed in 1994, amendments in 2009 and 2013);
- Advertising Law of the People’s Republic of China (passed in 1995, revisions in 2015);
- E-Commerce Law of the People’s Republic of China (2018).
- Ten Model Cases Involving the Protection of Consumer Rights Issued by the Supreme People’s Court (2014);
- Ten Model Cases of Consumers’ Rights Protection Published by the Supreme People’s Court (2015);
- Eight Model Cases involving Procuratorial Organs’ Cracking down on Crimes Infringing on Consumers’ Rights and Interests Published by the Supreme People’s Procuratorate (2019).
- Guiding Opinions of the General Office of the State Council on Strengthening the Protection of Financial Consumers’ Rights and Interests (2015);
- Letter of the General Office of the State Council on Approval of the Establishment of the Inter-Ministerial Joint Meeting System for the Protection of Consumer Rights and Interests (2016).
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002. National Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.