We are getting ready for the first edition of MediaNama’s flagship conference, PrivacyNama 2021. Split over two days, October 6 and 7, we have a stellar lineup of International and Indian speakers, including Data Protection Commissioners and Chief Privacy Officers.
We’ll focus on the following key themes related to privacy and global data governance issues:
- Privacy Legislation trends in BRICS
- The push for data sovereignty and the impact of privacy legislation on the openness of the Internet
- Setting up and operationalisation of a Data Protection Authority
- Challenges faced by Data Protection Authorities
- The role of Chief Privacy Officers in global companies in a fragmenting data protection environment
- Challenges faced by Chief Privacy Officers and how they navigate them
- How data protection legislation impact an environment of increasing biometric data collection
- Developing policy frameworks to deal with AI-enabled inferences from biometric information
- How to design rules for international data transfers from India.
- Instruments for enabling data transfers between jurisdictions
Registrations will close shortly, you can still apply to attend.
MediaNama is hosting this event with support from Facebook, Flipkart, Internet Society, Mozilla, Mobile Premier League, Omidyar Network, Paytm, Star India and Xiaomi. We are thankful to our community partners, the CyberBRICS Project, Centre for Internet and Society and Centre for Communication Governance (NLU Delhi), for their help in putting together this programme.
PrivacyNama 2021 will host a session on the “Impact of privacy legislation on the openness of the Internet”, in partnership with the CyberBRICS project, and focusing on privacy legislation and the push for digital – and hence data – sovereignty, and the impact this has on the global nature of the Internet. The speakers Alexa Lee, Alison Gillwald (CyberBRICS Advisory Board), Luca Belli (CyberBRICS Director) and Udbhav Tiwari will share their perspectives on China, South Africa, Brazil and India respectively. The session will take place on October 6, 2021 at 6:30-7:45 PM IST (9:45 – 11:00 AM BRT).